Monday, February 17, 2020

Harrison Ford Discusses His Scene in Rise of Skywalker: “I Don’t Care”

Harrison Ford is a damn fine actor. But if there are two roles people associate him the most is Indiana Jones and Han Solo. Especially Han Solo. But after all these years, Ford simply doesn’t want to talk about Han Solo anymore, nor does he care about the geeky intricacies of the Star Wars universe.

Recently, USA Today sat down with Harrison Ford to discuss his upcoming movie, The Call of the Wild. Naturally, the interviewer also slipped in a question about Han Solo, specifically if Han Solo was a Force Ghost in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Ford’s response is hilarious.

A Force ghost? I don’t know what a Force ghost is…Don’t tell anyone. I’m not talking loud enough for your recorder. I have no fucking idea what a Force ghost is. And I don’t care!

While this might rub some Star Wars fans the wrong way, it sure as hell puts a smile on my face. Harrison Ford has always been open about how much he doesn’t care about the Star Wars universe the same way some of us do. When he was asked a few months back, if Han Solo or Greedo shot first, Ford simply replied, “I don’t care.” And he doesn’t need to. Ford isn’t a part of the Star Wars story group, nor is he a screenwriter/director for any of these movies. His job is to take the character given to him and bring it to life.

In the USA Today interview, the actor also explained why he agreed to return for a small role in The Rise of Skywalker.

When JJ asked me to do it, I said, ‘Are you kidding? I’m dead!…He said, ‘Sorta dead. You can do this.’ He hadn’t written anything at that time. But he said, ‘This is going to be great.’ So I said okay. If JJ asked you do something, you’d probably do it too. He’s a very persuasive guy.

Harrison Ford did go on to mention that his scene in The Rise of Skywalker was “a useful addition to the story” and worth it for “the chance to do another scene with Adam.”

The post Harrison Ford Discusses His Scene in Rise of Skywalker: “I Don’t Care” appeared first on Lowyat.NET.



from Lowyat.NET https://ift.tt/3bM2goD

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home