Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Fast & Furious 9 Teaser Trailer: There’s a Baby and Emo Music

Fast & Furious 8 / The Fate of the Furious centred around Dominic Toretto’s baby. The big twist of the eighth instalment is that Elena (Elsa Pataky), the hot police officer that Dom got in bed with when he thought Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) was dead, had surprise baby with him. The villain (Charlize Theron) kills off Elena, and later baby Brian — yeap, named after Paul Walker’s character, Brian O’Conner — gets officially inducted into the Toretto family.

It looks like Fast & Furious 9 (or F9) picks up a few years after the events of 8. Baby Brian is now toddler Brian. Dom teaches him how to fix a car. Letty looks on. Sombre music plays in the background like it’s bloody Avengers: EndgameDom says, “Things change now that I’m a father. I can’t live my life a quarter-mile at a time anymore.” Dom tucks baby Brian in bed, who says, “I love you 3000!” (OK, this is a lie). Sombre music swells.

In case you didn’t know:

IT’S ALL ABOUT FAMILY. 

Oh, snap.

Check out the Fast & Furious 9 teaser below:

Okay, look. If you think I’m poking fun at the teaser, I am. But make no mistake, I am looking forward to it. Apart from Furious 7 and The Fate of the Furious, I am a fan of this franchise. Not in a “so bad it’s good” kind of way, rather in an “I still high five myself and say ‘heck yeah’ every time I watch the band come together in Fast Five,” way.

My favourite of the Fast & Furious movies has been the ones directed by Justin Lin (3, 4, 5, 6). Lin approaches these movies with a sense of earnestness and sincerity. I think he’s a fan too. Since Lin is back at the helm in Fast & Furious 9, I’m genuinely excited to see what he cooks up.

The full-length trailer drops this Friday.

Fast & Furious 9 hits Malaysian cinemas this 21 May 2020. 

The post Fast & Furious 9 Teaser Trailer: There’s a Baby and Emo Music appeared first on Lowyat.NET.



from Lowyat.NET https://ift.tt/2RA1FhN

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home