Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Amazon Fire TV/Stick Won’t Connect to Wifi – Not In Range

When Amazon launched their Fire TV, I bought one right away and over the years, the device has only improved. I recently upgraded to the latest Fire TV, which has more options and better quality video streaming than my original. I now use an Amazon Fire TV Cube, which is a handsfree Alexa powered device for Prime TV and Movies. I wanted to revisit the Wifi Connection option I had with my first Fire TV. A while back, my Amazon Fire TV stopped connecting to my wifi network. My network did display in the “available networks,” but it displayed as “Not In Range.” This was weird because directly next to the Amazon Fire TV is an Apple TV, Chromecast, Connected Bluray Player and the TV has wifi as well. All other devices had full signal strength. After power cycling the Amazon Fire TV, my router and modem only to have no luck, I gave up for the day. Two days later I attempted again and had the same error. With a fresh mind of the issue at hand, I remembered that I had run a software update on my ASUS RT-AC3200 Router. I figured that had to be it so I ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home