Monday, September 30, 2019

The Rock Ends Beef With Vin Diesel and Possible Cameo in Fast & Furious 9

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Vin Diesel have been feuding for years now. The two actors first appeared on screen together in 2011’s Fast Five, the film that pumped adrenaline into the once-dying franchise and laid the groundwork for Fast & Furious to become one of the biggest brands in cinema today. One fine day in 2016, The Rock suddenly took to Instagram to call out a particular “candy ass” he was working with on The Fate of the Furious (the eighth film in the franchise).

Many speculated that The Rock was referring to Vin Diesel. Some of their fellow Fast & Furious “family members” even confirmed as much. Over the years, both The Rock and Diesel have repeatedly thrown shade at each other. The Rock leading the franchise’s first spinoff and being excluded from the cast of Fast & Furious 9 only fuelled the grapevine fire even further.

However, in a surprising turn of events, it looks like The Rock has now took to Instagram to seemingly mark the end of their feud? The Brahman Bull (yes, I’m a wrestling dork) first took a break from his workout to thank the fans who made Hobbs & Shaw a massive global success (the Fast & Furious spinoff grossed more than $US 750 million worldwide). He then said:

“Last but not least, I want to thank brother Vin for your support of Hobbs & Shaw. I saw your post and I appreciate it. Lauren and I appreciate the wedding congratulations. We send love back. It was a very classy post and I appreciate it, brother.”

Not only that, The Rock also went on to say:

“What a wild ride this is and what a wild ride this has been when you and I spoke and you invited me into the Fast & Furious family. I’m grateful for that invite.

As you know, my goal was always, all these years, to come into the Fast & Furious world and help elevate the franchise in any way that I possibly could. If I could do that, then I’ve done my job, and now here we are 10 years later, this massively successful buildout and expansion. We did it the right way, we did it the smart way, and again, brother, I appreciate your support.”

But perhaps the most intriguing part of the whole video was The Rock’s cryptic final line:

“And, of course, all roads lead to one thing. I’ll be seeing you soon, Toretto.”

Toretto, by the way, is the name of Vin Diesel’s character in the franchise. Does this mean that The Rock could be making a short appearance in Fast & Furious 9 as a prelude to Fast & Furious 10? It’s entirely possible.

The post The Rock Ends Beef With Vin Diesel and Possible Cameo in Fast & Furious 9 appeared first on Lowyat.NET.



from Lowyat.NET https://ift.tt/2o61lLi

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home