Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Robert Pattinson Says He Wants Batman to Be Frightening

The casting of Robert Pattinson as the caped crusader in Matt Reeves’ The Batman will, I think, prove to be a stroke of genius. Robert Pattinson is one of the most exciting actors working today. Don’t believe me? Go check out Good Time and The Rover and get back to me.

Over the past week or so, Pattinson has said some stuff that makes me even more excited than I already am to catch The Batman. For one, he’s not approaching the character as he would a character in a small independent film. In an interview with BBC, Pattinson said:

“I wanted to do something on a big stage, and so I ended up doing Chris Nolan’s movie, which I was really, really happy about at the beginning of this year. And then Batman was kind of a surprise to me. Now that I’m starting to get into it, I don’t want to approach it as kind of a big studio thing where all you’re really doing is thinking about your trailer. I want to approach it in exactly the same way, I want it to be frightening, I want it to be something you lose yourself in.

“I think it’s more difficult to do, because it’s such a familiar character to lots of people, but I think there’s something, I don’t know. If you can find a place, a way to lose yourself in it, then I think it’s really exciting.”

The Batman Michael Giacchino

The word ‘frightening’ definitely sticks out to me in a positive way. It makes sense when you think about it. Batman may be fighting bad guys, but he’s a tortured soul that’s willing to do whatever it takes (except murder) to get the job done. He operates outside the law and looms in the shadows. He’s a ruthless vigilante and that can be really scary. This comes at the heels of what Pattinson said a few days ago: “Batman’s not a hero. He’s a complicated character.”

The Batman starring Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz [Catwoman], Jeffrey Wright [Jim Gordon] and Paul Dano [Riddler] will begin production at the end of this year and will hit the big screen in the summer of 2021.

The post Robert Pattinson Says He Wants Batman to Be Frightening appeared first on Lowyat.NET.



from Lowyat.NET https://ift.tt/2MzA5if

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home